Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hop-on Hop-off Metro Manila City Tour

Good news for tourists and locals who want to explore Metro Manila sans the hassle of taking public transportation or dealing with overcharging taxi drivers! I stumbled upon an article on Business World's Weekender on the launch of the Hop-on Hop-off air-conditioned jeepneys offering tours around Metro Manila.


Tourism Secretary Ace Durano and Senator Richard Gordon had actually launched 21 jeepneys last month which explained the airconditioned jeepney adorned with Wow Philippines decors I saw along Ayala Avenue in Makati City a few weeks ago. I thought it was just one of those air-con jeepneys in Makati. The plan is to "have a total of 60 passenger jeepneys in its fleet in the first year of operations. The first phase will ply the route of Manila, Makati and Eastwood while the second phase includes the establishment of Hop-On Hop-Off links to nearby tourist destinations like Tagaytay, Clark in Pampanga and Subic in Olo"The Hopngapo." "

From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, the jeepneys will ply the streets of Makati and Manila. The tour starts at the airport with stop-overs in the Orchidarium, Coconut Palace, National Museum, Intramuros, Cultural Center of the Philippines, Ayala Museum, Ayala Center, SM Mall of Asia and the best hotels in Makati and Manila. So the next time I see one of these jeepneys, I might just hop on!
For more information or franchise inquiries on the Hop-On Hop-Off program, dial 635.2148 local 106 or email info@citytour.com.ph.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The bus looks really cute...i mean its one of those old buses which remind me of my childhood imagination of a bus

Nina said...

This is good news! We are planning to have a tour of manila when I get home but I think, the routes should be limited to a certail area eg. quiapo, intramurous, luneta, ccp, national museum and other nearby attractions. We'll let's when we get there.

leysonnet said...

To Ameya:

It is not exactly a bus but a jeepney - a unique Filipino invention. Riding it is an experience in itself ;).

TO Nina:
Yeah the tours are limited to the tourists sites. It's about time DOT thought of this idea. I'll try this hop-on, hop-off tour one weekend and experience it for myself.

Clang Garcia said...

Thanks a lot for posting the details of our Jeepney Tours project. Would like to share our updated information below.

Website: www.jeepneytours.com
Email: info@jeepneytours.com
Tel. No. 638-6644

arrielle said...

I have not seen this jeepney's in metro manila, wish I can see one to so that I might Hop On too. :D

Current Events in Philippines